Thursday, December 18, 2008

Whoa

So tonight is probably going to be a night that I regret. Why, you ask? So here goes...

Tomorrow at lunch time is our work Christmas party and I've signed up to make hash brown casserole, which is something that I have never done before. It will be an adventure. I like trying new things, but this is a family specialty that I would rather leave to the experts (like my Mom and Jen).

In addition to making the casserole, I've just had a request come in for "Beckie's Banging Cookies". The request comes from Dan's coworker's (Crystal) husband, Brandon. They're having a Christmas party Saturday night and we've been invited. Dan sent me an e-mail with the subject line "Request" and I just knew what it was. I must have ESP or I just know Brandon all too well. Since I will be making these for a Christmas party, I think that I'm going to have to make a double batch. Even better.

Since I don't keep the ingredients for my cookies on hand (I'd make them all the time if I did and that doesn't help me out at all), I need to go to my favorite place in the whole wide world for the 3rd time in as many days. I think that Dan will kill me if I drag him there again. Oh well, the joys of living with me.

In addition to making and baking, I still need to wrap Christmas presents. I have the one for tomorrow's work party and then the one's for Dan's family. I know, I'm being too nice by wrapping those, but they are from both of us and he's working on the cards for our special presents (which he can keep that job because I lack the creativity). Oh, and packing needs to be done as well for my extended vacation is FREEZING Rottenchester. I hate packing! Lisa wants me to see her on my way up there, so I'm trying to figure out if I can work it all out. I wish that I had one more annual leave day so that I could take off a day early to go see her. Maybe we'll get out early enough for me to leave.

I will post pics of my goodies later on and the recipes will be there as well. Oh, I do have one exciting thing to look forward to tonight. I've read somewhere that someone loves the silicone baking sheets and I found a 3 pack at BJs the other night and bought them, so I get to try them out. Hopefully they work!!!! I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment