Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thursday Night's Results

Thursday night was definitely a crazy one for me. Before we went to Target, I was able to check to see what stuff I had on hand for the cookies. I had already gotten what I needed for the hashbrown casserole. The only things I had were eggs (of course), brownie mix, confectioners sugar, butter, and peanut butter.

Before we left, we had dinner. Gotta love leftovers! Makes life so much easier. Once dinner was done, off to Target we went. At least this time I was smart and actually made a list. I'm really bad about lists, but I knew that this had to be a quick in and out trip, and it was.

I was excited about baking on Thursday night because I got to use my kitchen aid stand mixer and my new silicone baking mats.


I figured the best way to get started on my frenziness was to start with the cookies. They have been named: "Beckie's Bangin' Cookies" by Crystal and Brandon because they really are bangin'! What I love is that they are very simple to make. Here you go:

Beckie's Banging Cookies...

1 box brownie mix (family size/13x9)
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 can chocolate frosting

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix brownie mix, cream cheese, butter, and egg.
3. When fully mixed, scoop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (or baking mats, which I did spray) about 2 inches apart.
4. Mix confectioners sugar and peanut butter until mixture forms a ball (I use my hands, it's a lot easier)
5. Roll mixture into balls and place each ball in the center of each cookie.
6. Bake 10-14 minutes
7. Let cool for 30 minutes on baking sheet.
8. Frost the peanut butter and enjoy!

Before peanut butter balls


Ready to go in the oven


Finally cool enough to eat!!

Now normally, I frost them as soon as I can. But, tonight, I needed to box them up so that I could take them to the party with me and I knew that I could frost them once I got to Crystal and Brandon's.

Clean up was almost a snap Thursday night. The baking mats are awesome. Why has it taken me so long to get them? I have no clue, but I do know that I won't ever go without again!

No comments:

Post a Comment