Saturday, January 10, 2009

Homemade Brownies







While on my lunch break this week, I came across this one blog called Cooking Stuff, which belongs to Bob. Bob had posted his 100th post and it contained a list of his top 10 list of his personal favorites. Well, on that list, was "The Brownies". I had to check it out since the last time I made homemade brownies was a disaster and I really wanted to try it again. After looking at the pictures and really craving chocolate (who doesn't crave chocolate?), I decided that I had to make them.

After doing some test driving today with Dan's cousin, Kevin, I said to them that I was going to make homemade brownies. And let me tell you, I'm so glad that I did. I'm hooked on these and now I have Bob to thank for some awesome brownies. Oh, and Bob, I did tweak the recipe just a bit...I don't use semi-sweet chocolate chips anymore. I made them with milk chocolate chips. Sorry!

I'll let you check out his blog for the recipe, but I will share my pictures. I think that his are better, but hey, why not? The inspiration came from him.




Bringing the water, sugar, and butter to a boil.



Adding the chocolate chips.




Can't forget the eggs.



Dry ingredients.




Ready to go in the oven.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked them! No need to apologize for changing a recipe, it's all about what you like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now it's meme time. You are being tagged. There is a little more info here:
    http://icookstuff.blogspot.com/2009/01/once-more-into-meme-now-with-bonus-meme.html

    Just play along (if you want to, of course) and pass it to a couple more people. :)

    ReplyDelete